In November 2001 he joined the Radio Group as PhD student, starting his activity in the field of CMB instrumentation and taking part to observational campaigns. He defended a PhD thesis in June 2005, on the “Development of a sub-millimeter radio receiver for Cosmological Observations”, under the supervision of prof. Massimo Gervasi. As experimental physicist, he’s still engaged in CMB research.
As PCCP fellow he will dedicate his research activity to superconducting detectors suitable for ultrasensitive observations of the mm-wave sky.
Current research activities:
Superconducting detector development for CMB experiments: Microwave Kinetic Inductance Detectors
1. A mm-Wave Polarisation Analyser Using LEKIDs: Strategy and Preliminary Numerical Results, A. Tartari, B. Belier, M. Calvo, V. D. Cammilleri, A. Monfardini, M. Piat, D. Prêle, G.F. Smoot, Journal of Low Temperature Physics, August 2014, Volume 176, Issue 3-4, pp 524-529
2. Superconducting NbN Coplanar Switch Driven by DC Current for CMB Instruments, G. Bordier, V. D. Cammilleri, B. Bélier, N. Bleurvacq, A. Ghribi, M. Piat, A. Tartari, M. Zannoni, Journal of Low Temperature Physics, February 2014
3. PRISM (Polarized Radiation Imaging and Spectroscopy Mission): An Extended White Paper, PRISM Collaboration (Philippe André (AIM, Saclay) et al.), Submitted on Oct 6, 2013
4. Latest Progress on the QUBIC Instrument, QUBIC Collaboration (A. Ghribi (APC, Paris) et al.), Submited on Jul 22, 2013
5. The Large-Scale Polarization explorer, The LSPE Collaboration, Submitted on 1 Aug 2012
6. A coherent polarimeter array for the Large Scale Polarization Explorer balloon experiment, M.Bersanelli et al., Submitted on 1 Aug 2012
7. Intensity and polarization of the atmospheric emission at millimetric wavelengths at Dome Concordia, E.S.Battistelli et al., Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 423, Issue 2, pp. 1293-1299, June 2012
8. QUBIC: the Q&U Bolometric interferometer for Cosmology, M.Piat et al., Journal of Low Temperature Physics, 2012, Vol. 167
9. W-Band Superconducting Planar Orthogonal Mode Transducer Characterization, G.Bordier et al., Journal of Low Temperature Physics, 2012, Vol. 167